[iwnp.org] Forum & Wiki maybe?

General forum for ~green, if we get a lot of more users and activity we'll add more topics
jmjl
System Operator

[iwnp.org] Forum & Wiki maybe?

Post by jmjl »

I'm thinking about starting some kind of wiki, along with a forum on iwnp.org, I'd like it to work on TOR's safest security level, so I'm thinking about something like a PHPbb instance for the forum, and a DokuWiki for the wiki, but I'm not sure if those are the best choices. I'm probably also going to setup some kind of user-management service, as this community thingy, which I'm not sure what to call, will be independent of ~green, even if managed by me, and partially hosted on ~green or CT owned infrastructure.

I am also a bit unsure about a few other things, and I'd like to make the wiki not be vandalized, but would like TOR users to be able to collaborate, maybe I could even make it only accessible there. I also don't want to break the URLs in the future, so maybe those aren't the best choices. Please tell me any things you want to, and alternatives if you think are better, in the replies or by emailing me if you aren't a ~green user and don't wish to register, in the case you email me I'd be appreciated if you tell me if you want the comment shared back on the forum, and if you'd like to stay anonymous, or if not, what you'd like me to call you, and possibly include a line with random data if you later wish to edit your comment or delete it after I post if to the forum if you wish to do so, (I think I should make a little page including information about all that)

In the case of the onion service, I'm partially thinking about running it on my laptop but I'm a bit unsure, as it could be less stable, (and the website will in any case depend on the onion service, as it's just going to be a proxy, about which I'm thinking of setting up something that will at least serve the URL redirects when the onion site might be down, and would have a notice for when it can't reach the onion site)

Other things, having the onion site will probably de-anonymize my location, and when I move around, so maybe I'll toss it onto a raspberry pi or something similar, but I'd kind of like it to be controlled by me, in all cases, IIRC there was something that let me redirect a onion service to another by just publishing some text every while, that I think was 30 minutes?, if so include name for that builtin feature in the tor hidden service network.
jmjl
System Operator

Re: [iwnp.org] Forum & Wiki maybe?

Post by jmjl »

IWannaNeatParts Renada Collaboration Platform? Does that look good, not sure.