TGCI Login fails occasionally for me

General forum for ~green, if we get a lot of more users and activity we'll add more topics
alexlehm

TGCI Login fails occasionally for me

Post by alexlehm »

This is not really a bug, rather something I cannot quite pinpoint and cannot reproduce

When logging in with the SSO page, occasionally the login fails with password unknown even though the password is definitely correct and it work again maybe an hour later

I guess this is a problem with the LDAP to check passwords or something similar, this may be happening for all users at the same time, most of the time login is not necessary since the individual services keep their login state, so I am not sure how often that really happens. I noticed it when I was on my tab and it didn't work so I thought it was due to the password being wrong stored, but then went to my PC and it didn't work either and later it worked on both again.
jmjl
System Operator

Re: TGCI Login fails occasionally for me

Post by jmjl »

Well, that's odd, and unexpected, should we try to switch the LLDAP frontend or something?

I see 118 password verification errors, since 2024-09-19, to 2024-10-03. The error seems to mostly happen to you, with 96 password verification messages for your user. There have been initiated 81607 LDAP sessions in the same log period, which I believe it does everytime it checks the user password maybe?

Other users seem to be less affected for some reason, which is weird.
alexlehm

Post by alexlehm »

if it happens again, i will make a note of the time interval, maybe we can narrow it down with that
alexlehm

Post by alexlehm »

I guess the large number of login failures from me on Keycloak come from the fact that I confused my password that I stored in my PW manager and didn't update, so I tried to wrong one like 5 times before I noticed and the same happened again on mobile when I tried it there

This is not the reason for the login errors I found when I think it was not working on the server side, but I cannot really say which was which, so I will keep track of it when it happens again